To delay or postpone something
به حالت تعلیق درآمده ، روی هواست
The oil projects are on ice and can’t be run at the moment. We have to wait for the sanctions to be terminated.
on ˈice idiom
1. (of wine, etc.) kept cold by being surrounded by ice
• All the food is laid out and the champagne is on ice.
2. (of a plan, etc.) not being dealt with now; waiting to be dealt with at a later time
• We've had to put our plans on ice for the time being.
3. (of entertainment, etc.) performed by skaters on an ice rink
• Cinderella on ice
Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary - 4th Edition
be on ice
If a plan is on ice, a decision has been made to delay it for a period of time:
Both projects are on ice until the question of funding is resolved.
© Cambridge University Press 2013