a piece of clothing, made from wool or cotton and worn on the upper part of the body, that has sleeves and does not open at the front
One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi.
هزار و یک، هزار و دو، هزار و سه
What the hell's the matter with you?
تو چه مرگته؟
his is my favorite jersey.
این پیرهن مورد علاقه منه
well, now you have two.
خوب الان دوتاشو داری
Where can I find replica Iranian soccer jerseys?
a warm piece of clothing with sleeves, that you wear on the top part of your body. Jerseys are often made of wool. Look at the note at sweater.
jer‧sey /ˈdʒɜːzi $ -ɜːr-/ BrE AmE noun
[Date: 1500-1600; Origin: Jersey, island in the English Channel]
1. [countable] a shirt made of soft material, worn by players of sports such as football and ↑rugby
2. [countable] British English a piece of clothing made of wool that covers the upper part of your body and your arms SYN sweater
3. [uncountable] a soft material made of cotton or wool
jer·sey [jersey jerseys] [ˈdʒɜːzi] [ˈdʒɜːrzi] noun
1. countable a shirt worn by sb playing a sports game
2. countable a knitted piece of clothing made of wool or cotton for the upper part of the body, with long sleeves and no buttons; a type of sweater
3. uncountable a type of soft fine knitted cloth used for making clothes
• made from 100% cotton jersey
4. Jersey countable a type of light brown cow that produces high quality milk
5. Jerseythe largest of the Channel Islands, off the north-west coast of France. The main town is St Helier. Jersey has its own government and tax system but has strong links with Britain, and is popular with British tourists. Both English and French are spoken on the island. It is known for its fruit and vegetables (particularly tomatoes and new potatoes called Jersey Royals). The item of clothing called a jersey takes its name from a type of knitted material originally made on the island.
6. Jersey(in the US) another name for the state of New Jersey.
late 16th cent. (denoting woollen worsted fabric made in Jersey): from Jersey..
• Where can I find replica Iranian soccer jerseys?
jersey / ˈdʒɜː.zi / / ˈdʒɝː- / noun (CLOTHING)
[ C ] a piece of clothing, made from wool or cotton and worn on the upper part of the body, that has sleeves and does not open at the front
[ C ] a shirt that is worn by a member of a sports team
jersey / ˈdʒɜː.zi / / ˈdʒɝː- / noun [ U ] (CLOTH)
soft thin cloth, usually made from wool, cotton, or silk, that is used for making clothes:
100 percent cotton jersey
Jersey / ˈdʒɜː.zi / / ˈdʒɝː- / noun [ C ]
a type of pale brown cow that produces milk that is rich in cream
N-COUNT: oft N n
A Jersey cow or a Jersey is a light brown cow that produces very creamy milk.
1) N-COUNT A jersey is a knitted piece of clothing that covers the upper part of your body and your arms and does not open at the front. Jerseys are usually worn over a shirt or blouse. [OLD-FASHIONED]
His grey jersey and trousers were sodden with the rain.
jumper, sweater, pullover
2) N-VAR: oft N n Jersey is a knitted, slightly stretchy fabric used especially to make women's clothing.
Sheila had come to dinner in a black jersey top.
jer·sey /ˈʤɚzi/ noun, pl -seys
a : a loose shirt worn by a member of a sports team as part of a uniform
• a football jersey
b : a shirt made of knitted cloth
2 [count] Brit : sweater a
3 [noncount] : a soft knitted cloth
• The dress is made of cotton/wool jersey.
4 Jersey [count] : a type of small and light brown cow that produces rich milk
• We keep a herd of Jerseys.
• Jersey cows