- Welcome home!
- Welcome back to class!
- Welcome to Brownsville!
- Let me welcome you to our beautiful city!
- I'd like to welcome you to your first meeting of Weight Losers.
B. Models (Read, Discuss and Perform the following model dialogues)
1. A student, Stan, returns to class after being in the hospital. He is greeted by his fellow students.
- S1: Hey, guys, look who's back!
- S2: Hey! It's Stan!
- Stan: Hi, you guys.
- S3: Yeah, welcome back, Stan. It's nice to have you back.
- Stan: Thanks. I'm glad to be back.
2. A branch manager is meeting a vice-president at the airport.
- BM: Good afternoon, Mr. Browning. Welcome to Martinstown!
- VP: Thank you, Les.
- BM: How was your flight?
- VP: Oh, not bad. It was a little rough in places, but. . .
3. A small town mayor sees some tourists in the town square.
- M: Hello. You seem to be enjoying our little town. Let me welcome you to Gold Dust.
- I'm Thomas Jones, Mayor.
- T1: Thank you, Mr. Jones. It seems like a nice town.
- T2: Yeah, I think so, too. How old is the town?
- M: We're 157 years old this year. . .
C. Suggested Activities (Discuss and Perform)
What would you do in the following situations?
- A host at a party is greeting and welcoming people to the party.
- You are the owner of a hotel in a small resort town. Some guests come into the hotel.
- You're meeting a friend, who is returning from a trip, at the airport.