to manage to continue doing something or make progress in a situation
اداره كردن، گرداندن
How are you getting along with your schoolwork?
چگونه کارهای مدرسه ات را مدیریت میکنی؟
get along phrasal verb (see also get)
1. if two or more people get along, they have a friendly relationship:
• We’ve always got along quite well.
get along with
• They seem to get along with each other.
2. to deal with a job or situation or to make progress:
• How’s Sam getting along at university?
get along without
• Don’t worry, we’ll get along without you.
3. I must/I’d better be getting along spoken used to say that it is time for you to leave, for example because you have something else to do spoken
1. (usually used in the progressive tenses) to leave a place
• It's time we were getting along.
2. = get on
Main entry: getderived
get along (DEAL WITH) MAINLY US phrasal verb (MAINLY UK get on)
to deal with a situation, usually successfully:
I wonder how Michael is getting on in his new job?
get along (BE FRIENDLY) MAINLY US phrasal verb (MAINLY UK get on)
If two or more people get along, they like each other and are friendly to each other:
I don't really get along with my sister's husband.
get on (MANAGE) MAINLY UK phrasal verb (MAINLY US get along)
to manage or deal with a situation, especially successfully:
How are you getting on in your new flat?
We're getting on quite well with the decorating.
get on (RELATIONSHIP) MAINLY UK phrasal verb (MAINLY US get along)
to have a good relationship:
We're getting on much better now that we don't live together.
He doesn't get on with his daughter.
1) PHR-V-RECIP If you get along with someone, you have a friendly relationship with them. You can also say that two people get along.
[V P with n] It's impossible to get along with him...
[pl-n V P] Although at one point their voices were raised they seemed to be getting along fine.
2) PHRASAL VERB Get along means the same as get by.
[V P prep] You can't get along without water...
[V P prep] Many older people cannot get along on just their Social Security checks.