فایل صوتی درس:
A What's your name?
|last name (family name)|
1 Language in context first day of class
Listen to Ms. Peters meet her students on the first day of class. Underline the names.
Hello, everyone. I'm your teacher, Ms. Peters. My first name is Linda.
Hi. What's your name?
My name is Maria Gomez.
Hi. I'm Maria. What are your names?
My name is Ricardo.
And I'm Yoko. Nice to meet you.
What are their names?
Her name is Yoko. His name is Ricardo.
2 Vocabulary Names and titles
A Listen and repeat.
Jennifer Ann Wilson
Jennifer Ann Wilson: full name
Jennifer: first name
Ann: middle name
Wilson: last / family name
Miss Gomez = a single woman
Mrs. Chow = a married woman
Ms. Peters = a single or married woman
Mr. Adams = a single or married man
B Pair work complete the sentences with your own information. Then Compare answers.
My first name is __________ .
My family name is __________ .
My full name is _________ .
My teacher's name is _________ .
3 Grammar The verb be; possessive adjectives
My name is Maria.
His name is Ricardo.
Her name is Yoko.
Our names are Maria and Jason.
Their names are Ricardo and Yoko.
A Circle the correct words. Then compare with a partner.
- Maria is a student. His / Her last name is Gomez.
- Ms. Peters is / are our teacher. Her / Their first name is Linda.
- My name is Jason. What's Our / Your name?
- Anna and Bruce is / are students. Her / Their teacher is Miss Brown.
- Their first names is / are Yoko and Ricardo.
- Hello, everyone. I'm Miss Diaz. What are your / his names?
1. Maria is a student. Her last name is Gomez.
2. Ms. Peters is our teacher. Her first name is Linda.
3. My name is Jason. What's Your name?
4. Anna and Bruce are students. Their teacher is Miss Brown.
5. Their first names are Yoko and Ricardo.
6. Hello, everyone. I'm Miss Diaz. What are your names?
B Complete The conversation with the correct words. Then practice in a group.
A: Hello. Welcome to English class. What _____is_____ your name, please?
B: _________ name is Pam.
A: And what's _________ last name, Pam?
B: My last name _________ Nelson.
A: OK. And ________ is your name?
C: Ji-ah. _________ family name is Lee.
A: Hello. Welcome to English class. What is your name, please?
B: My name is Pam.
A: And what's your last name, Pam?
B: My last name is Nelson.
A: OK. And what is your name?
C: Ji-ah. My family name is Lee.
4 Speaking My name is ...
A Class activity Meet your classmates. Say your first and last name.
A: Hello. My name is Oscar Martinez. What's your name?
B: Hi. My name is Susana Harris.
A: It's nice to meet you.
B: Nice to meet you, too.
B Share your information.
A: What's his name?
B: His name is Oscar Martinez. What's her name?
A: Sorry, I don't know.
I can ask for and say names.